- A one-to-one relationship over a period of time between a less experienced person (mentee) and a more experienced person (mentor), which provides consistent support, guidance and practical help
- A process by which an experienced person shares their personal skills, knowledge and experience with another person
- A means of enabling a less experienced person to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to be able to perform at a higher level
- An opportunity for a less experienced person to gain access to impartial, non-judgemental guidance and support
- A process of working together to achieve predetermined goals and objectives
- A two-way process through which both parties gain satisfaction from the progress, and success is attained through working together.