Developing Mentoring Skills To Support Apprentices
This e-learning module provides an introduction to mentoring for those taking on a mentoring role to support apprentices. It is interactive and thought-provoking and develops an individual’s skills and abilities in order to become a successful apprentice mentor. The workshop also supports individuals looking to develop their wider people management skills.
We understand that not everyone is able to attend a workshop so we have developed a module containing simple, step-by-step bite-sized lessons that your learners can access at their convenience.
Individuals can purchase this course now and get instant access. You’ll also get an Apprenticemakers Certificate of Completion and one years free Studying Membership of the IOEE.
Who is it for?
This course is for individuals who will have an active part to play in supporting apprentices. This course has been designed for:
- Anyone that has a mentoring role to support one or more apprentice.
- Business owners and directors that aim to draw on individuals mentoring skills to support their apprentices and other employees.
- HR professionals that are implementing mentoring schemes in their business and want to explore how mentoring can provide welcomed support for apprentices.
- Line managers and team leaders that aim to draw on mentoring skills when supporting apprentices with their developmental requirements.
- Existing or ex-apprentices that are peer mentors for new apprentices.
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Understand the mentoring role, the key skills and abilities required.
- Reflect on their skills, abilities and experiences and how these can be applied to their mentoring role.
- Understand core mentoring skills, including building trust and rapport, developing listening and questioning skills.
- Plan mentoring meetings to build successful relationships with their mentee’s.
- Recognise issues in the mentoring relationship and understand how to address them.
- Develop a Continuous Development Plan to support their mentoring role.
The learning objectives are achieved through a mixture of videos, practical activities and text content. Online learners are also supported throughout with a detailed workbook which also provides an opportunity for them to take notes at key points. Online delivery is best suited to those comfortable with self-guided study.
All online learners also receive ongoing access to a ‘refresher’ version of the module for future reference.
Access to our online learning is available by purchasing an access license. Please get in touch to discuss volume pricing.
As used by: